MARSEC Level : 1
We are committed to making this the safest place in the Port to visit and work.
PNCT is working hard toward making this a very safe environment to visit. To help us accomplish that goal, we ask that visitors to our terminal take safety seriously too. The Terminal is involved in an intense effort to control traffic and ensure an injury free site. In doing so we have just a few procedures that need to be followed:
- Safety is our Main Concern, please make it yours. Speed limit is 15 mph. Stop at all intersections and give the right away to any/all Pedestrians.
- While in any PNCT building, please take note of the posted Fire Exits and Fire Assembly areas, and observe the No Smoking policy.
- Our 24 Hour Security Number is (973) 465-9580
PNCT is in the process of reviewing the safety aspects of our daily operation. Due to increased traffic in the port, we have identified a few constant problems that may lead to pedestrian accidents or death. We communicate daily to our workers and would like to share with our trucking customers some of the ways to decrease the chances of safety related incidents. For more information on how PNCT is working to keep PNCT the safest terminal, please visit our Safety Site.
1. High Visibility Vests are mandatory while here at PNCT.
2. Obey the speed laws, 15 mph at all times in terminal- Do Not Speed You Will be Voided Out.
3. Obey and stop at stop signs
4. Step out of your truck and on to the Red Dot in the Grid Area when the Straddle Carrier arrives at your location. Do Not enter the Straddle Area/Field!
5. Do not drive TALKING ON A CELL PHONE
6. Walk within the designated painted lines for pedestrians
7. Park containers and/or chassis in area designated by terminal
- TWIC (cards) are to be shown to security guard prior to entering parking lot.
- No personal vehicles are permitted in the Container Yard.
- Please park your vehicle in the Visitors Parking Area located in front of the administration building, off Calcutta Street by the truck entry area
- Be aware of traffic while walking to the administration building.
- Take care when exiting the parking area, as heavy traffic moves along Calcutta Street.
- If you need to enter the Terminal Yard, you must check in with the management of PNCT for an escort.
- High Visibility vests are required
- No contractor vehicle may enter the Straddle area under any circumstances, unless escorted by authorized PNCT personnel.
- When driving near any equipment, make sure the operators know you are present before you drive near them. Control Room must be notified prior to entering any part of the Straddle field or Stringpiece.
- Speed limit is 15 mph. Stop at all intersections, obey all posted signs, and give the right away to any/all Pedestrians.
- Do Not Speed you will be voided out
- No Passengers or pets are permitted to Enter PNCT with the Truck Driver. This especially applies to children of any age. PNCT will and reserves the right to turn away any Trucker who violates this Rule.
- High visibility vests are required
- While in the Terminal yard, you must stay in your truck, unless otherwise instructed.
- When parked in the Straddle Grid area, you must exit the truck and stand in the marked safety zone - a three foot red circle near your front left fender
- When driving near any equipment or vehicles, make sure the operators know you are present before you drive near them.
- Use of cellular telephones within the Terminal Yard is strictly forbidden
- When exiting the yard, take care of the traffic moving on Calcutta Street.
- Truckers, while on the Terminal, please keep your head lights on for SAFETY". This will help all of us.
Straddle Carrier Operations:
We are serious about SAFETY here at PNCT, especially in the grid slot areas. Follow these rules or you will be VOIDED out of the terminal. Thank you for your cooperation.
1) REMAIN INSIDE YOUR TRUCK AT ALL TIMES UNTIL THE STRADDLE CARRIER ARRIVES WITH YOUR CONTAINER. SAFETY VESTS ARE MANDATORY.
2) STEP OUT AND ON TO THE RED DOT WHEN THE STRADDLE CARRIER ARRIVES WITH YOUR CONTAINER.
3) NEVER WALK OUT OF THE SAFE ZONE INTO ANOTHER GRID OR TO ANOTHER TRUCK.
4) NEVER SIT ON OR AROUND YOUR CHASSIS OR THE CEMENT BLOCK LOCATED BEHIND THE GRID SLOT.
5) DO NOT REPAIR; CLEAN YOUR TRUCK OR CHASSIS WHILE IN THE GRID AREA.
6) UNLOCK OR LOCK THE CHASSIS PINS WHEN STRADDLE HAS MOVED SAFELY AWAY FROM THE GRID.
7) MOST IMPORTANTLY…BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AND PAY ATTENTION AT ALL TIMES!!!
No one is permitted in the Straddle Carrier Area! No vehicles are permitted in the Straddle Field!
If you are a contractor, you will only gain access if cleared with our central control room, located in the Administration building, and be escorted while in the area. Here at PNCT we regard the straddle carrier area as a secure location, and this policy is nonnegotiable.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN VISITING US. THANK YOU!